TRP – Austin White DMT Training Camp
All of us at High Flyers Trampoline and Gymnastics Academy were very pleased to bring the reigning men’s DMT World Champion and current USA Head DMT Coach, Austin White, to Perth (Wednesday 4th – Sunday 8th January 2017) for a 5-day DMT training camp for athletes and coaches from all over Australia and New Zealand.
We would like to thank Southern Star Trampoline and Gymnastics Academy, as well as Peak Trampoline for assisting in providing some of the equipment needed for the camp.
Austin White Fact List:
- Austin has been a 3 x Silver medal winner in the Men’s DMT event at World Championships level, before winning the ultimate title of World Champion in 2015 in Odense, Denmark.
- Soon after this Austin announced his retirement from competitive DMT, however not long after in mid 2016, he was named National Double Mini Trampoline Coach for the USA.
During the training camp we had 3 external presenters coming in to do some educational workshops with us:
Lauren Mitchell Fact List:
- 25-year-old Lauren Mitchell is arguably Australia’s greatest ever WAG gymnast.
- Lauren was Australia’s first and only WAG gymnast to date, to become an individual world champion, on Floor in 2010. This goes along with her Silver medals at the 2009 world championships on Floor and beam.
- Lauren has competed in 2 Olympic Games, 2008 and 2012, and also has her own skill named after her, The Mitchell (tripled turn in tuck stand on beam and floor)
Recently retired Lauren Mitchell shared her inspirational journey with us. Went through what it takes to become a World champion and the hard work and dedication it takes to succeed at the highest possible level.
Janine Murray Fact List:
- 26-year-old Janine Murray was Australia’s 2012 London Olympian for the sport of Rhythmic Gymnastics.
- Janine is also a commonwealth games team gold medalist from the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India.
- Since retiring from competing in Rhythmic Gymnastics, Janine became a qualified Physiotherapist in 2015 as well as a qualified Pilates and Antigravity Yoga Instructor.
- Janine has recently been working with some of WA’s High-performance Trampoline athletes, providing them with some Pilate’s sessions for core strength development as well as injury management and flexibility.
Janine presented some basic Pilates as active recovery between sessions and provided some education to coaches about why and what the athletes should be doing.
Alexander Toth Fact List:
- 27-year-old Alexander Toth is an accredited exercise physiologist.
- Alex has completed a Bachelor of Science in exercise and sports science, exercise and sports rehab as well as a Master of Science in strength and conditioning.
- Alex also holds an Australian Strength and Conditioning Coach level 1 accreditation and is certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment and Functional Movement Screening.
- Since 2014 Alex has been working West Perth Football Club (WAFL Level) as an assistant strength and conditioning coach.
- Alex himself is also a trampoline athlete, he is currently working on his level 7 trampoline routines, so keep an eye out for him at the 2017 Australian Championships 😉
Alex spoke to athletes and coaches about Hamstrings, injury prevention and injury management.
Thank you all for an amazing camp! Here are some photos of the event:
Back to main list