What is Tumbling?
Tumbling is the perfect sport for bold kids who want to jump, sault, twist and enjoy to flip down the tumble track. The fundamental skills lead on to an amazing awareness of where your body is in space.
– Develops confident body movement, both on and off the ground
– Builds strength and prepares the body for challenges in life
– Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
– Develops posture and agility, including the ability to land safely
– Is a fun way to develop incredible spatial awareness
– TUM caters for adults and children wanting to keep fit and train with their friends. The fundamental skills can be refined and combined to create exciting passes with multiple twists and rotations in every jump.
Once you’ve learnt the basics, you can keep developing your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself through competitions from local to national even all the way to international level.
As competitors, tumblers perform two passes demonstrating sequences of forward, backward and sideward skills, rotating from hands to feet and feet to feet.
If you want to take your Tumbling career further, find out more about specific judging and coaching courses.
Tumbling is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
Source: Gymnastics Western Australia