Please visit our ENROLMENT page for all relevant documentation such as Enrolment Forms, Timetables and Squad Team Packs.
What is Trampoline Gymnastics?
Trampoline Gymnastics is the perfect sport for bold high-flyers who want to jump, sault, twist and enjoy being airborne. Whether you bounce on the trampoline, the double mini tramp or flip down the tumble track, the fundamental skills are the same and lead on to an amazing awareness of where your body is in space.
Trampoline Gymnastics (TRP):
– Develops confident body movement, both on and off the ground
– Builds strength and prepares the body for challenges in life
– Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
– Develops posture and agility, including the ability to land safely
– Is a fun way to develop incredible spatial awareness
– TRP caters for adults and children wanting to keep fit and train with their friends. The fundamental skills can be refined and combined to create exciting routines with multiple twists and rotations in every jump.
Once you’ve learnt the basics, you can keep developing your skills for fun and fitness or challenge yourself through competitions from local to national even all the way to international level.
There are three competitive disciplines of Trampoline Gymnastics:
Trampoline: A single competitor performs routines combining ten different skills, judged and scored on the quality of performance, the degree of difficulty and the time of flight.
Synchronised Trampoline: Two competitors bounce on separate trampolines, aiming to match their skilled performances to perfection.
Double-Mini Trampoline: Two skills are performed in sequence, one on the DMT bed and one to dismount
If you want to take your Trampoline Gymnastics career further, find out more about specific judging and coaching courses.
Trampoline Gymnastics is governed internationally by the Federation Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
Source: Gymnastics Western Australia